Guest post by Tim Wrye, Executive Director of IT Services, CIO and ctcLink Project Executive Sponsor
We are moving closer every day to implementing ctcLink and I want to thank the many of you who have been actively engaged in user acceptance testing (UAT).
UAT: Testing and Learning ctcLink
Our colleagues who work in Academic Affairs, Finance, Human Resources and Student Services have been testing ctcLink with our business processes while simultaneously learning it. They have recently completed the first sprint (phase) of user acceptance testing and began the next (and final) sprint on Monday, Nov. 30. To learn more about UAT, read the State Board’s blog post, “User Acceptance Testing Continues for DG4 Colleges.”
Help Me Give Thanks
I encourage you to reach out and thank your colleagues — Highline’s ctcLink subject matter experts (SMEs) — involved in the implementation activities of ctcLink. They are putting extraordinary effort into improving our students’ experience. Change is difficult for all of us and these colleagues are doing the heavy lift for our students and the rest of us right now. See the ctcLink Team Members page for a list of our hard-working SMEs. (And email Delta Dog if your name is missing.)
Activity levels are increasing to make sure Highline is prepared to go live with ctcLink. I want you to be aware of the timeline of events that may impact you. Listed below is a high-level schedule so you can plan accordingly:
- User acceptance testing, sprint 1 (Complete!): Oct. 26–Nov. 24, 2020
- User acceptance testing, sprint 2: Nov. 30, 2020–Jan. 8, 2021
- Submitting files for ctcLink Go-Live dry run: Dec. 18, 2020
- Purchasing department: Last day to submit MSRs or RFPs before Go-Live: Friday, Jan. 22, 2021
- Student Services: Last day to make changes to student records before Go-Live: Friday, Jan. 22, 2021
- Dry run activities for Go-Live: Jan. 28–Feb. 2, 2021
- Human Resources: Last day to make changes (e.g., report leave, report hours for hourly work) before Go-Live: Friday, Jan. 29, 2021, at noon
- Legacy system will be unavailable: Thursday, Feb. 4, 2021, at noon
- Offices closed: Friday, Feb. 5, 2021
- Go-Live: Monday, Feb. 8, 2021
Overall, the project is progressing well. While there are opportunities for improvement and areas where we had hoped to be further along, I want to acknowledge this is a substantial amount of change during less than perfect circumstances.
I appreciate how far we have come in preparing for this significant change because of the work of so many of you, especially given the conditions 2020 has brought to us.
On behalf of the entire Highline ctcLink Project Team, thank you.
Ask Delta Dog
Who is this blue dog? Learn why Delta Dog is our trusty companion on the journey to ctcLink.
If you have questions about ctcLink, ask Delta Dog.
You can also view the Frequently Asked Questions page.