Our Mission, Vision, and Values
As a South King County college striving for social justice, Highline College partners with global students as they envision, plan and achieve their educational and professional goals. Adopted October 2022.
Highline College creates anti-racist, equitable pathways in higher education to close opportunity gaps experienced by our students. We support employees to foster the conditions for student and workplace equity. We accept people as they are and honor the life experience they bring. We are cultivating a collaborative learning community that centers the well-being of the whole person and provides a sense of belonging. We highly regard the families and support systems that enable our success and acknowledge that by working together we are limitless.
Highline College seeks to live out these values in everyday practice:
- Cultural Responsiveness and Agency
- Environmental Sustainability
- Equity-First Focus
- Life-Long Learning
- Partnership with local and global communities
- Social Justice
- Student-Centered Approaches
- Core Theme 1: Reduce barriers and close equity gaps to access for all community members
- Core theme 2: Increase educational success and close equity gaps; collaborate to improve
- Core theme 3: Create a more inclusive working and learning environment and a more valued, visible relationship with communities we serve
For more information, please visit the Accreditation website.
Please view our strategic plan.