Our Mission, Vision, and Values
As a public institution of higher education serving a diverse community in a multicultural world and global economy, Highline College promotes student engagement, learning, and achievement, integrates diversity and globalism throughout the college, sustains relationships within its communities, and practices sustainability in human resources, operations, and teaching and learning. Adopted August 2013.
Highline College is valued as the educational crossroads where dreams are shaped, communities created and excellence achieved.
Highline College is committed to these values:
- Access: We believe education should be available to all who seek it.
- Collaboration: We value teamwork, joint responsibility and ownership.
- Community: We value our community and are dedicated to serving its educational needs.
- Diversity: We respect the rights and perspectives of the diverse populations, who live, learn and work in our community.
- Excellence: We strive for the highest quality in all our programs and services.
- Integrity: We believe in honesty and trustworthiness in all our college practices.
- Internationalization: We value a global perspective and respect cultural diversity.
- Learning: We develop an interactive, creative and learner-centered environment that supports student success.