Since 1961, community members have counted on Highline College to meet their educational needs close to home. As our area has changed over the years, so have our classes and programs. Today you will find comprehensive community college programs as well as applied bachelor’s degrees. Come to Highline to discover why we are still our community’s college after more than 50 years.
Highline College Accreditation
Highline College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the secretary of the United States Department of Education.
Strategic Plan and Core Themes
Highline’s strategic plan includes four initiatives:
- Achieve excellence in teaching and learning.
- Enhance a college climate that values diversity and global perspectives.
- Strengthen and expand the presence and role of the college within the communities it serves.
- Sustain an open, honest and collaborative environment that is responsive to the needs of the college community and that promotes good stewardship of the college’s financial resources.
Highline’s core themes build on the strategic plan.
- Promote student engagement, learning and achievement.
- Integrate and institutionalize diversity and globalism throughout the college.
- Build valuable relationships and establish a meaningful presence within Highline College’s communities.
- Model sustainability in human resources, operations, and teaching and learning.