Have you been putting off taking the first ctcLink training course, PeopleSoft Fundamentals 9.2? Delta Dog is here to help.
Just as with any big project, the key is breaking it down into manageable pieces. Simply follow Delta Dog’s training schedule. Let’s get going.
Right now, go to your calendar and beginning tomorrow, block out 30 minutes each day for the next 10 days.
Really, Delta Dog is serious about this. She’ll wait patiently while you take a moment to go to your calendar.
All done? Great!
Tomorrow, when your 30-minute session rolls around, come back to this blog post.
By following Delta Dog’s 10-day schedule, you can cross this course off your to-do list:
Start Your 10-Day Program
The first step is to register for the PeopleSoft Fundamentals course. Here’s how:
- Go to the ctcLink Implementation Phase Canvas Course Registration page (opens new tab on the SBCTC website).
- Complete the registration. For Institution, choose Highline College from the pull-down menu. For Email Address, enter your Highline email address (e.g., email@example.com).
- Select the first course, New PeopleSoft Fundamentals 9.2.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Sign Me Up!
- Go to Highline’s Canvas page.
- Log in to your Canvas account using your Highline credentials. Your MyHighline Username is the first part of your Highline email address (e.g., deltadog) and your Password is your Highline password.
- Find the 9.2 PeopleSoft Fundamentals course by clicking on Courses on the left-hand sidebar.
- Click on PeopleSoft Fundamentals to open the course.
- Read the information on the opening page, which is the course syllabus.
- If you still have time remaining in your 30-minute block, dive into Module 1. If not, come back tomorrow, knowing you have everything ready to go.
On these days, you’ll likely complete one — or almost one — module each day. There are eight modules in PeopleSoft Fundamentals. Since we all read and learn at different rates, your time on each module will differ from that of your coworker. But as a rough estimate, each module takes 20 to 40 minutes to complete.
Finish any remaining modules and share your accomplishment with Delta Dog by January 7 to be entered into a random drawing to win a $25 Amazon gift card.* (Note: The final drawing in the contest will be January 8, 2021.)
More About PeopleSoft Fundamentals 9.2
Who should take this course?
All college employees.
What to expect
This course has been completely redesigned and updated as of about six months ago. Even if you took the course a couple of years ago, you should take it again to learn the latest.
What you will learn
The course will provide an overview of ctcLink, what it is and how to navigate the system. You can watch short videos of different processes and find resources such as Terms and Concepts, Quick Reference Guides (QRGs) and more. The course is made up of eight modules and usually takes 4 to 6 hours to complete.
ctcLink training courses are offered in Canvas. To access, use your Highline credentials: Highline username (e.g., deltadog, not firstname.lastname@example.org) and password. If you have problems, contact the ITS Help Desk.
Ask Delta Dog
Who is this blue dog? Learn why Delta Dog is our trusty companion on the journey to ctcLink.
If you have questions about ctcLink, ask Delta Dog.
You can also view the Frequently Asked Questions page.
For information about the statewide ctcLink project, visit the SBCTC ctcLink page and read the blog, ctcLink Connect.
*No state funds were used to purchase gift card. Card has been donated by a friend of Delta Dog.