Watch for Parking Lot and Walking Path Closures
On Dec. 14, construction crews will begin work to demolish Buildings 5 and 11 on the east side of the Highline College campus. The bulk of the work is scheduled to be completed over winter break, when classes are not in session.
For those visiting or working on campus, follow these safety instructions:
- The majority of the East parking lot will be blocked off for construction equipment. The entrance to this lot off 240th Street will be closed to regular traffic (see the East parking lot closure map).
- A few sections in the East lot will remain open on the north end, accessible by the College Way entrance.
- Other parking options include the North and South lots (see the Highline College campus map).
- Handicapped-accessible parking spaces are available in the North and South lots, in the lot south of Building 21 and behind Building 16.
- As indicated by red lines on the East parking lot closure map, the walkways on either side of Buildings 5 and 11 will be closed for foot traffic. Instead, follow the paths marked by green lines.
- Pedestrians will be able to walk to and from Buildings 6 and 99 across the East lot as long as they stay on the crosswalk and remain aware of construction vehicles.
- Watch for sandwich boards, signs and fence barriers indicating that a path is closed for construction.
- The buildings will not be imploded or bulldozed, but there will be noise as crews take apart the structures in pieces.
Contact Christina Neville-Neil: email@example.com or (206) 592-3262.