Get to Know Highline College
The closure of ITT Technical Institute does not need to be the end of your education and training. Highline College offers many of the programs that ITT Technical Institute offered prior to its closure on September 6, 2016. Just 15 minutes from ITT Tech’s Tukwila campus, Highline College in Des Moines is here to help.
Do you want to earn a short-term certificate to get a job in a specific field? Are you looking to earn an associate degree to transfer? Highline offers all of that and more, including new applied bachelor’s degrees.
Come to an Open House
Building 8, Mt. Skokomish room (next to the Highline Bookstore)
Learn about degree and certificate options in Business, Computer Information Systems, Drafting and Engineering as well as potential funding sources and prior learning assessment.
Learn How to Get Started
Contact Tanya Powers: (206) 592-3662 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Powers will help you learn about Highline’s programs, determine your credit status toward a Highline degree or certificate and help you begin the financial aid process. If possible, first order your ITT unofficial transcripts.
You can also apply free for general admissions if you are new to Highline. Visit Highline Admissions for quick tips and then click on “I’m Ready to Apply.”
Resources for ITT Tech Students
Some of the options for credit toward your Highline certificate or degree include the following:
- Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate exams
- Military transcripts
- Credit by exam (see division for options)
- Prior Learning Assessment
Prior Learning Assessment is the process for awarding credit for learning that has taken place away from the college classroom.
- Credit may be awarded for work training, non-accredited classes, self-study, experience and more.
- Credit can only be awarded for classes offered by Highline College.
- With faculty approval and guidance, students will demonstrate their competence in class content.
- Faculty will assist you in determining the best way to demonstrate your learning experience.
Students who enroll at Highline College are eligible for several different types of financial aid.
Workforce Education tuition assistance programs include Worker Retraining, WorkFirst, Opportunity Grant and Basic Food Employment and Training. To find out if you are eligible, complete the Start Next Quarter survey.
Federal and state financial aid options include Pell Grants, State Need Grant, tuition waivers, Work Study, subsidized and unsubsidized loans, veterans’ assistance, and scholarships. Visit Highline’s Financial Aid office for more information.
Eligible veterans and National Guard members who have been deployed or been activated in support of an operation may be eligible for limited tuition waivers, up to 50 percent. You may also be eligible for assistance through the Worker Retraining program.
Highline offers areas of study that are the same or similar to those of ITT Technical Institute.
- Business (AA or AAS degrees)
- E-Commerce (AAS degree)
- Global Trade and Logistics (BAS degree)
- International Business and Trade (AAS degree)
- Retailing (AAS degree)
- Small Business/Entrepreneurship (AAS degree)
Certificates include the following:
- Accounting Assistant I and II
- Business Technology, Introduction
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Nonprofit Management
- Office Assistant, Introduction
- Web Support, Introduction
- Computer Science (AA or AS degrees)
- Cybersecurity and Forensics (BAS degree)
- Data Recovery and Forensics Specialist (AAS degree)
- Information Systems Project Coordinator (AAS degree)
- Mobile Technology Expert (AAS degree)
- Network Security Engineer (AAS degree)
- Online Marketing & Social Media Architect (AAS degree)
- Technical Communication (AAS degree)
- Web/Database Development (AAS degree)
Certificates include the following:
- Back End Web Site Development
- Digital Forensics and Investigation
- LAN Operation and CISCO CCENT Track
- Mobile Development
- Drafting Design (AAS degree)
- Drafting (certificate)
- Engineering (AS degree)
- Multimedia Design (AAS degree)
- Visual Communications (certificate and AAS and AAS-T degrees)