Finish High School Quick Start Guide
Looking to finish high school? You can do it at Highline College.
Get started today:
- Step 1: Visit Finish High School to decide which program is right for you.
- If you are a current high school student, you can choose from four programs to enhance your education. Your options depend upon your age, interests and goals.
- If your high school education was interrupted, you can choose from five programs. Your options depend upon your age, interests and goals.
- Step 2: Once you have chosen your program, follow the steps listed under your program.
Ex.C.E.L.: Excellence and Commitment to Education and Leadership
ELL EXCEL serves both newly arrived immigrant and refugee students and students that are currently enrolled in high school, but are struggling to meet state graduation requirements. We provide scaffolded instruction, academic support, individualized advising, and helps students develop the skills necessary for both high school graduation and college success.
Qualified students are one or more of the following:
- 16-21 years old
- Behind in credits
- Currently or previously qualified for ELL classes/services
Program applications and enrollment can be completed by appointment or by visiting building 9-104 on the Highline College campus.
If you wish to take a GED preparation course, attend a two-hour orientation.
If you are 16, 17 or 18 years old, follow these steps:
- Obtain a “Request for Approval to Test” form from the last school you attended or from the school’s district office.
- Create a com account.
- Submit the “Request for Approval to Test” form to the Placement and Testing Center for processing.
- Schedule your tests.
If you are over 18 years old, follow these steps:
High School Completion (For students 21 years of age or older)
- Verify that you meet the eligibility requirements and are aware of the application deadline for the High School Completion program.
- Complete the Highline College online admission application or apply in person at the Admissions office in Building 6. If applying online, allow two business days to process your application.
- Pay the nonrefundable application and placement test
- Activate your myHighline email account (you will need it to take the placement test).
- Take the complete placement test (reading and math). Photo ID is required.
- Obtain your official transcripts from your previous high school(s) and college(s) where you earned credit. Official transcripts must be received in a school-sealed envelope. We cannot accept opened or faxed transcripts.
- Submit your transcript(s) and placement test scores to Highline’s High School Re-Engagement office.
- Attend a mandatory orientation after your application file is complete. During the orientation, you will receive information about the High School Completion program requirements, campus resources and degrees. You will also register for classes.
HS Success is a “pre” Pathway program that helps students adjust to the demands of high school completion on the college campus. Students that complete HS Success cohort classes can work on their high school diploma exclusively or transition to Pathway to College so that they can earn both high school and college credits simultaneously.