Winter quarter starts Jan. 8. View the class schedule and enroll today.

Funding Options

Home/Pay for College/Funding Options
Funding Options 2023-03-21T11:00:30+00:00

Program of Study Funding Options

Your Program can determine the types of funding you are eligible to receive. Having an accurate program of study on your Highline student record is important.

Use the table below to see what type of funding is available for your Program of Study. Please note that many of the funds are not guaranteed quarter to quarter and are limited in nature. That’s why Highline encourages you to explore these options early.

Funding SourceAA & AS TransferAAS Prof - TechCerts More Than 45 CreditsCerts Less Than 45 CreditsHigh School Completion or GED
For "Some*" programs, please contact the Funding Source directly.
Financial Aid (FA)
For contact details, check FA for further information.
FA Grants

FA LoansAllAllAllNoneNone
Work StudyAllAllAllNoneNone
Veterans Affairs (VA)For contact detail, check VA for further information.
WorkFirst (WF)For contact details, check WF for further information.
WorkFirst (Women's Programs)Some*Some*AllAllAll
Workforce Education Services (WES)For contact details, check WES for further information.
Worker Retraining (WRT)NoneAllAllAllAll
Basic Food Employment & Training (BFET)NoneAllAllAllAll
Opportunity Grant (OG)NoneSome*Some*Some*All
Early Achievers GrantNoneSome*Some*Some*None
Check My Schedule

Not sure how to proceed?

If you are not sure what your current Program of Study is, you can confirm your program by checking your schedule in ctcLink.

Have Funding Questions?

If you have questions, click on the links in the grid above to contact the funding source. The funding source(s) above can let you know if you qualify for resources or let you know if your program of study is covered by that source.

Need to Change your Career Program of Study?

You can change your program of study by going to the Registration and Records site.

Check My Schedule

Process for Program of Study Approval

Financial Aid

  • Instruction submits new programs for approval to the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) on an annual basis.
  • SBCTC updates the college’s Program Inventory and returns it to the college as approved.
  • Instruction sends the updated Program Inventory to the appropriate departments and publishes the new programs in the catalog.
  • Financial Aid submits the new programs to the Department of Education (Dept. of Ed.) for funding approval. The Dept. of Ed. approval process is estimated at 4-6 months.
  • Approved programs can be funded.
  • Programs not officially approved cannot be funded.

New programs in the AAS or a BAS degrees do not need Department of Education (DOE) approval.


  • Veterans Service Office submits new program documentation and documentation of current programs changes such as increasing or decreasing a program’s credits to the state approving agencies either the Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) prior to the beginning of the fall quarter.
  • WSAC/Workforce Training & Education Coordinating Board (WT&ECB) evaluates the new programs and/or program changes and approve or deny them.
  • Approved programs can be funded.