$10,000 in Scholarships Will Be Distributed to Eight Eligible Students
Get your shot at a Highline College scholarship!
Students who were enrolled at Highline College during spring quarter 2021, plan to return to Highline in the 2021-22 academic year and have received at least one COVID-19 vaccination shot by Thursday, July 29, 2021, are eligible to win up to $2,500, $1,500 or $1,000 in scholarship money, per Gov. Jay Inslee’s Washington State COVID-19 Vaccine Incentive Program. The funds may be used for tuition and fees.
- The student must be a Washington state resident. For purposes of the Vaccine Incentive Program, a resident is someone whose domicile has been in Washington state for at least 30 days before the date of award of the Scholarship. Selected students did not have to qualify for in-state tuition in the spring, for example, international students who have continued to live in Washington after spring quarter.
- The student must have completed six or more credits at Highline College during spring quarter 2021
- The student did not graduate or complete their program
- Running Start students who meet the remainder of these criteria are eligible for the award.
- The student must provide proof in the form of a vaccination card or medical record that shows they have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine shot. Highline College will not keep those records on file. COVID-19 vaccination sites, clinics and locations may be found at vaccinelocator.doh.wa.gov.
Students don’t need to complete an application to be eligible for this scholarship. If a student meets the eligibility requirements, they will automatically be entered into the drawing. Highline College will select a total of eight students that meet Washington residency and enrollment criteria and contact them to inquire about vaccination status. If the student is vaccinated, they will then need to show proof of such before receiving the funds. Six students will be awarded $1,000, one student will receive $1,500 and one student will receive $2,500.
If the students selected do not use the scholarship awards by June 30, 2022, Highline College will distribute them to another eligible student. Any award to a student will not affect that student’s eligibility or amount calculations for Washington State Financial Award programs, such as Washington College Grant. However, acceptance of a Vaccine Incentive Award may affect a student’s eligibility for and calculated amounts of Federal Financial Aid and/or Public Assistance Programs. Students have the option of declining the award.