For those of you who don’t know her yet, Delta Dog is our trustworthy companion as we prepare for, and move to, a new software system.
Even though she’s beloved by many, her two-dimensional image lives primarily in electronic form, not as a real dog in the home of ctcLink Project Manager Pat Daniels.
In June, we sent out a survey with 18 questions, including one about Delta Dog, to gauge progress in our campus’s readiness for, and awareness of, the ctcLink project. With that goal in mind, we used nearly identical questions to the survey we conducted more than three years ago (February 2017).
Both surveys provide us with ideas of how we can help our campus community learn about and be successful in our transition to ctcLink.
We appreciate everyone’s participation and feedback and want to share some of the highlights.
Survey Process and Response
- June 23, 2020: Survey emailed to faculty and staff.
- 238 employees responded, which is a 21.6% return rate. Thank you!
What We Learned
- In both 2017 and 2020 surveys, 45% of respondents said they regularly use Highline’s legacy systems “often” or “sometimes” [Question 4].
- Only 36 respondents said they are not familiar with the ctcLink project, which is more than half the number (78) of those in 2017 [Question 5].
- More people are ready to learn about ctcLink (206 in 2020 vs. 180 in 2017) [Question 7].
- More people understand how ctcLink will benefit students (154 in 2020 vs. 107 in 2017) [Question 8].
- 82% of respondents know that Delta Dog is unique branding for the ctcLink project at Highline; 2% believe she’s Pat Daniels’ dog [Question 9].
What We Plan to Do
- Communicate: We will increase the frequency of our communication to give you more opportunities to learn about ctcLink and how it will ultimately benefit you, the college and our students. We will use a variety of methods and formats to reach a wider audience and will remain mindful to include all employee groups.
- Promote Training: We will promote opportunities for online, self-paced training. Every employee will use the system to access earnings information, request leave (if applicable), and report time and labor. Those employees who currently use SMS, FMS, PPMS, Degree Audit, FAM and other back-end applications will receive more extensive training on how to perform specific tasks related to day-to-day operations and processes.
- Offer Support: We will provide plenty of chances for you to have all of your questions answered. We will offer online and/or virtual workshops, informal chat sessions and more.
What You Can Do Now
- Find answers to frequently asked questions, links to resources and information about Delta Dog.
- Email Delta Dog to ask questions, express concerns or share information related to the project.
- Keep an eye on your email for announcements about opportunities to learn more.
See the responses to all 18 survey questions.
Ask Delta Dog
Who is this blue dog? Learn why Delta Dog is our trusty companion on the journey to ctcLink.
If you have questions about ctcLink, ask Delta Dog.
You can also view the Frequently Asked Questions page.