School Districts and School Contact Instructions
A limited number of paper EYH Registration brochures will be delivered to your school this year. EYH schedule and registration information is on this web page. We are streamlining our process this year by utilizing Google Docs as a new online registration process. Only girls who register and pay the fee by the deadlines will be registered to attend the event. Each school is allowed to register 25 girls to attend the event. The conference will be limited to approximately 350 girls. The school districts provide busing and at least 2 chaperones for every 25 girls. Chaperones are asked to volunteer as event participants. Please check in at building 8 2nd floor.
Your School’s Registration limit: 25
Advance registration is absolutely required! The registration page will be turned off by the deadline or if the event is full.
Registration deadline: Wednesday, March 6.
Payment Deadline: Wednesday, March 13. Payment must be received by Highline College no later than March 13. One check should be sent paying for the number of girls registered from your school. Please send a list of the girls you are paying for to the below address.
Please label your list 2019 Expanding Your Horizons Registration and Payment and include your school name and school district. Please make checks payable to Highline College and send the check to:
Highline College Attn: Accounts Receivable
PO Box 98000 MS 99-286
Des Moines, WA 98198-9800
Girls who do not register and pay on or before the deadline will not be registered and may not attend the event. There are no refunds.
If girls need financial assistance girls may apply for a scholarship. Financial assistance process is:
- Girls must submit a financial assistance request by Wednesday, March 6.
- Girls must include a statement acknowledging they are low income from a teacher or school counselor. Free or reduced lunch eligibility is an example of low-income status.
- Girls must write a statement about why they want to attend the event and what they will gain by attending the event.
- Girls must list a school contact and contact information such as an email to a teacher or school counselor so we can confirm their financial assistance request.
- All of this must be emailed to Highline College at email@example.com and received by the deadline date to be considered for financial assistance.
Girls will not have the option of choosing workshops. We feel all our workshops are STEM focused and are equally educationally beneficial to all participants. We will randomly assign girls to three workshops and assign them to either a first or second lunch. Registered and paid students will receive an EYH packet, their workshop schedule and be assigned to a squad the morning of the event. Squads will:
- Have an easily identifiable name and color which is printed on the name tags and EYH packet.
- Include girls from different schools and districts.
- Include 2 volunteers assigned to the squad which will be responsible for their group of girls at all times.
Although we have previously allowed for individual workshop registration, this updated process allows us to keep better track of attendance.
Teachers: Please encourage attendance by students who can benefit most from this conference: those with high aptitude in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math with average achievement, who need incentives to plan and work toward college or a career. Please go over this webpage and online registration with your students. We suggest working with each of the girls from your school and assisting them in using Google Docs EYH online registration form. Making it an extra credit assignment to register by the deadline and attend the conference would also be helpful. For information email firstname.lastname@example.org.