Among the topics to be covered will be:
- A new fossil species in our family tree unexpectedly discovered deep within a cave in South Africa that has all the hallmarks of a murder mystery.
- A mysterious hominin species from China that may have lived until relatively recently.
- Modern humans in China that may have arrived thousands of years earlier than was believed
- Neanderthal, Denisovan, and early modern human sexual relations.
- The latest genetic studies revealing the peopling of Europe, the Pacific, and the Americas.
- The earliest stone tools ever found, causing a re-think of what it is to be human.
- The earliest evidence for a population of modern humans being massacred.
Presenter: Dr. Lonnie Somer (Anthropology)
Location: Building 3, Room 102