Highline’s Honors Students have been working hard all quarter on series of research/ service learning projects related to education funding for K-12, student mental health issues, and other fascinating topics.
The Poster Session will take place between 12:15-1:30 pm in Building 2. Honors students will be available to answer questions about their projects and about the Honors Program and Phi Theta Kappa more generally.
Come! Support our hardworking Highline students and learn more about the Honors Options available on Campus!
Presentations will include:
Honors 299 Projects:
- Astrid Duenas, Quincy Harthun, Annika Peabody, & Brandon Rosario — Funding for K-12 Education in Washington State
- Zaria Ali, Caitlin Anderson, Subani Gurung, Yasutaka Odo, Ayano Tanaka, & An Thi Hong Vo — Mental Health Support for Highline College Students
Other Honors Projects at Highline:
- Jessica Beecher – Judgment Defaulted
- Yasutaka Odo – Mental Health Issues Among Highline Students and How to Tackle Them
- Ayano Tanaka — Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- An Thi Hong Vo — Certified Fraud Examiner
- Thuan Huu Le — Use Exponential and Logistic Function to Estimate the Number of Phone Subscribers
- Anna W. Irungu — New Beginnings: Watching out for the Turning Points
- Phong Ly — Solar Powered LED Display
- Siqi (Tony) Xu — The Differences between Eastern Medicine and Western Medicine
- Chiva Chun — Physics and Mathematical Application of Brachistochrone
- Chloe Zabrek — The Rise and Fall of Enron