Attention transfer students! If you are busy working on college applications this quarter or in the near future, take advantage of the opportunity to have an expert review your transfer portfolio. A representative from a local college will read your personal essay and other supporting documents and provide feedback on what you have written, before you send off your personal statement to your university!
The Honors Program, High School Programs and the Transfer Center are all combining efforts to sponsor our 5th Annual Highline College Transfer Portfolio Review Day! This is a FREE event, but you must sign up by November 8. Submit your application early to increase your chance of meeting with a rep from your preferred college!
[fontawesome icon=”fa-pencil-square-o” circle=”no” size=”large” iconcolor=”#428abd” alignment=”left”]You must fill out an application in order to participate in this event! The application deadline is November 8, 2016. Pick up an application from the Transfer Center, Building 6, 1st floor (Room 164) or the High School Programs Office Front Desk, Building 6, 2nd floor.
Representatives from seven local four-year colleges are participating in this event, which include:
- Pacific Lutheran University
- Seattle Pacific University
- Seattle University
- University of Washington Seattle
- University of Washington Tacoma
- Washington State University
- Western Washington University
What is this Event?
- Opportunity to speak individually in 15min sessions with 4 year college representatives
- The representatives will review your transfer portfolio
- Personalized attention and feedback about your transfer application
What is a Transfer Portfolio?
- Your transfer application packet
- Personal Statement/College Essay
- Academic Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- College Transcript
- Relevant Test Scores
Who Should Attend?
- Those who plan to transfer to a 4-year college
- Those who want feedback from admissions experts and college admission decision makers
- Running Start students applying as freshman are also eligible
Purpose & Objective
To receive individual feedback from expert transfer portfolio reviewers, all of whom are college representatives who can help improve your application for any university you plan to apply to.
College representatives from around the state of Washington will meet with students one-on-one to review college application material. You will meet with at least 1 representative for 15 minutes – meetings with additional representatives may be assigned if space is available. It is required that you bring a college personal statement of your choice and your latest Highline College transcript (unofficial is acceptable). If you previously attended another college, bring a transcript from that institution as well.
What to Bring & How to Prepare:
- Required: Current unofficial transcript and 2-3 copies of your personal statement
- Optional: Other Portfolio Material – letter of recommendation, relevant test scores, copy of your college application, and an academic resume
- Research the transfer application for your prospective universities (Running Start students use the Freshman application)
Event Dress Code: Business to Business Casual
Need help starting your personal statement? A workshop will be held in the Writing Center, Building 26, Room 319i on November 2 from 1:00 -2:00 pm to give you time to draft an essay before Transfer Portfolio Review Day.
Questions: Contact the Highline College Transfer Center