Accessibility Training and Resources
Accessibility Online Training
Accessibility 101: The Basics of Inclusive Design
This 4-week, online, asynchronous course is designed for faculty and staff who want to learn simple and quick steps to make materials accessible for people with disabilities and better for all users. Participants do not need to be tech savvy to take this course, but familiarity with MS Office applications and Canvas will be helpful. Participants will be introduced to basic accessibility concepts, practices, and inclusive design standards.
The time commitment for this course is approximately 25 hours.
View registration information.
Accessibility Self-Paced Training
Recordings and resources from the SBCTC Accessibility Webinar Series are all now available. Each one addresses a different helpful topic about creating materials that will help your students access their materials.
- Accessibility Basics
- Accessible Documents (Word)
- Accessible PowerPoints
- Accessible Emails
- Accessible PDF
- Accessibility and STEM fields
- Accessibility and Procurement
Accessibility 101 Self Guided Modules
- Creating Accessible Canvas Pages
- Ally: Canvas Accessibility Tool
- Making Accessible Webinars
- Accessibility in the Classroom: Etiquette
- Evaluating PDF Accessibility
The following Accessibility Checklists are Google Documents available for download.
- NVDA Screen Reader – a fast, functional and totally free screen reader.
- Color Contrast Testing with ColorPick Eyedropper (Chrome browser extension)
- High Contrast Testing
- Identifying Web Accessibility Issues
- No Mouse Challenge (The No Mouse Challenge is a global effort to raise awareness about accessible web design)
- WAVE (Online Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool)
- WAVE Evaluation Tool (Chrome browser extension)
- WebAIM Web Accessibility for Designers (Infographic)
- WebAIM Checklist for WCAG 2.0
- WebAIM Color Contrast Checker
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG)
- Siteimprove Accessibility Checker (Chrome browser extension)